If your website hasn’t been updated in the past two years then you are missing out on some very important changes that may be affecting your business.
We have seen many changes over the years but nothing so drastic as over the past 18 months. The increase in tablet, iPad and mobile phone usage has meant we have had to rethink our design concept and take into account many factors that affect how people view the web today. The rise in popularity of social networking, mobile phones and tablets has had a dramatic affect on the way we promote ourselves on-line.
- There are currently 1.08 billion smart phones in use around the world
- 50% of local searches are carried out on mobile devices
- Social networking users spend an average 3.2 hours a day on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- A third of Facebook’s 700 million users are using Facebook Mobile
- Half of twitter’s 175 million users are using Twitter Mobile
- PC Sales continue to fall as consumers abandon laptops for touch-screen tablets, sales of which have grown exponentially since the release of the iPad in 2010
How does that affect my site?
Basically older websites that are accessed by smart phones and tablets occur a higher bounce rate. A bounce rate is the percentage of visitors to your site who leave after only viewing the first page they land on. This is often due to the fact that the site is hard to view and/or impossible to navigate so they go elsewhere.
Can you afford to be loosing these potential customers?
Click the image on the right to visit mobiletest.me for a handy tool to see how your site would look on various mobile devices:
So what can be done about it?
That’s easy! Speak to me so we can discuss what options and costs are involved.
You are under no obligation whatsoever but you may learn a thing or two about how to move forward in the future.